new, powerful, live and self produced Blowzabella’s record is
released in the Spring of 2010. The pieces belong to the repertoire of
Blowzabella and were recorded live by Mark Simms at the concerts of
Exeter, Bath, and Lincoln. Each interpretation includes innovative refinements. The booklet notes are by Paul James
and the beautiful cover art is entrusted to Clear22.com. The photos were taken by Jez Prout, Lieve
Boussauw and (for Jo Freya) Peter Abrahams.
nuovo, formidabile, live dei Blowzabella esce in autoproduzione
nell'autunno del 2010. I pezzi appartengono al repertorio dei
Blowzabella e sono stati registrati live da Mark Simms in occasione dei
concerti di Exeter, Bath e Lincoln. In ogni esecuzione si trovano
innovative raffinatezze.Le note del booklet sono di Paul James mentre
la bella grafica di copertina è affidata a quelli della
Clear22.com. Le fotografie sono di Jez Prout.
1. Jan Mijne Man / Go Mauve 4.42
Composer: Trad. / Ian Luff
2. Molton / Sur la Rance 3.46 Composer: Jon Swayne / John Swayne - Nigel Eaton
3. The Bay Tree / Molinara 4.27 Composer: Andy Cutting / Jon Swayne
4. Penda's Fen / The White Rose / Epic Branle 6.46 Composer: Jon Swayne / Paul James / Trad.
5. The Rose of Raby 4.50 Composer: Dave Shepherd
6. The Man In The Brown Hat / Spring Dance 6.30 Composer: Cliff Stapleton
7. Derrière Les Carreaux / Mominette 5.14 Composer: Frederic Paris / Maxou Heintzen
8. In Continental Mood / The Old Queen / Flatworld 5.42 Composer: Andy Cutting / Ian Luff / Andy Cutting
9. Horizonto 4.00 Composer: Paul James
10. Il n'est plus temps / Famous Wolf 5.37 Composer: Michel Pichon / Nigel Eaton
11. The New Hornpipes 3.57 Composer: Dave Shepherd
12. The A Minor Mazurka / Motorway Mazurka 4.51 Composer: Ian Luff / Jon Swayne
13. Blowzabella / Shave The Monkey / Boys Of The Mill 4.49 Composer: Trad. / Paul James / Cliff Stapleton
Andy Cutting: Diatonic Button Accordion.
Jo Freya: Tenor and Soprano Saxophones, Clarinet, Whistle in G and Low Whistlle in D.
Paul James: Bagpipes in G, Bagpipes in D, Soprano and Alto Saxophones.
Gregory Jolivet: Electric Alto Hurdy-Gurdy.
Dave Shepherd: Violin, Octave Violin.
Barn Stradling: Electric and Acoustic Bass Guitars.
Jon Swayne: Bagpipes in D, Bagpipes in G, Alto and Soprano Saxophones.
Andy Cutting: Diatonic Button Accordions by Castagnari.
Jo Freya: Selmer Super Action 80 Mk II Tenor Saxophone, Selmer Super
Action Mk III Soprano Saxophone, Buffet Clarinet, Overton Whistle in
low D and Susato Whistlle in G.
Paul James: Mouth Blown Border Bagpipes in G and D by Jon Swayne,
Selmer Mk VI Soprano Saxophone (c1972) and Selmer Balanced Action Alto
Gregory Jolivet: Electric Alto Hurdy-Gurdy by Philippe Mousnier.
Dave Shepherd: Gut Strung Violin labelled Antonio Paganini, Octave Violin branded Guseto.
Barn Stradling: 4 string Musicman Stingray Electric Bass Guitar and Fylde Magician Acoustic Bass Guitar.
Jon Swayne: Bellows Blown Border Bagpipes in G and in D by Jon Swayne,
Selmer Super Action Mk II Soprano Saxophone, Yamaha YAS-61 Alto
Recorded Live in Exeter, Bath and Lincoln by Mark
Simms, October 2009.
Mixed by Paul James - Mastered by Adam Skeaping.
Front House Sound Engineer George Moore.
Sleeve Notes by Paul James - Design by clear22.com
Photographs: Jez Prout, Lieve Boussauw and (for Jo Freya) Peter Abrahams.